Timeline of House of Cards, from seasons one through four.
- Season 1 takes place from December 31, 2012 to November 1, 2013.
- Season 2 takes place from November 1, 2013 to October 30, 2014.
- Season 3 takes place from December 2014 to January 20, 2016.
- Season 4 takes place from January 20, 2016 to October 18, 2016.
- March 7th: Thomas Hammerschmidt was born in Berlin, Germany.
- November 5th: Francis J. Underwood was born in Gaffney, Cherokee County, South Carolina, United States of America.
- July 18th: Garrett Allan Walker was born in the United States of America.
- December 22nd: Zoe Barnes was born in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America.
- April 4th: Doug Stamper took his last drink of alcohol.
- November 6th: Governor Garrett Walker of Colorado is elected the 45th President of the United States, Governor Jim Matthews of Pennsylvania is elected the 48th Vice President of the United States
- December 31st: Frank and Claire Underwood attend a New Year's Eve party with President-elect Garrett Walker, as well as Linda Vasquez, Vice President-elect Jim Matthews and, later revealed, Will Conway.
- January 1st: President-elect Garrett Walker's New Year's Eve party ends. (Chapter 1)
- January 3rd: Frank and Claire Underwood attended a symphony, where Frank checked Zoe Barnes out; Zoe Barnes received an email from a colleague at the Washington Herald that showed her a photograph of Frank checking her out. She then began to research him and discovered their mutual interests in each other. (Chapter 1)
- January 21st: Garrett Walker was sworn in as the 45th President of the United States; Jim Matthews was sworn as the 48th Vice President of the United States. (Chapter 1)
- June 14th: Doug Stamper and Peter Russo attended an alcoholics anonymous meeting together. (Chapter 7)
- September 21st: Peter Russo was found dead in the passenger seat of his car from carbon monoxide poisoning. (Chapter 11)
- November 1st: Frank learns he will become Vice President. (Chapter 13)
- November 5th: Zoe Barnes is murdered. (Chapter 14)
- February 13th: President Garrett Walker delivers the 2014 State of the Union. (Chapter 16)
- July 14th: Doug Stamper is given the order to fly to Kansas City and visit the Adaho Gaming Casino of Lanagin's; Frank and Garrett have a long and relaxed conversation in the White House. (Chapter 20)
- July 15th: Doug buys a plane a ticket to Beijing, to visit Xander Feng. (Chapter 20)
- July 16th: The Underwoods and the Walkers have a dinner together, Freddy cooks ribs for them. (Chapter 20)
- July 17th: Doug returns to DC and is seen at Underwood's basement. (Chapter 20)
- October 28th: Frank and Tusk have a meeting in the basement of the Opera house; Frank uses his father's typewriter to send a letter to Garrett. (Chapter 26)
- October 29th: Doug is hit in the head with a rock by Rachel Posner. (Chapter 26)
- October 30th: Garrett Walker resigns the office of President of the United States; Frank Underwood is sworn in as the 46th President of the United States. (Chapter 26)
- November 4th: United States Midterm elections.
- December: Doug recovers in the hospital. (Chapter 27)
- January 20th: Doug wakes up in the hospital to see Claire by his side. (Chapter 27)
- April: Frank announces he will not seek re-election in 2016. (Chapter 28)
- May 5th: President Underwood hosts a State Dinner for Russian President Viktor Petrov. (Chapter 29)
- May: Solicitor General Heather Dunbar announces her candidacy for President in 2016. (Chapter 30)
- June 30th: Doug interviews for a position in Heather Dunbar's campaign. (Chapter 31)
- July 1st: Barney Hull declares a state of emergency in Washington, D.C. (Chapter 31)
- July 2nd: Tom Yates holds a book signing for his book Scorpio when he is confronted by Remy. (Chapter 31)
- July 3rd: Bob Birch and Hector Mendoza confront Frank on his plan to divert funds from FEMA. (Chapter 31)
- July 4th: America Works begins hiring in Washington, D.C. (Chapter 31)
- July 23rd: President Underwood and the First Lady visit President Petrov, the President of Russia. (Chapter 32)
- July 24th: Claire publicly shames Petrov after the death of Michael Corrigan. (Chapter 32)
- July 26th: The official White House portrait of Frank & Claire is taken. (Chapter 33)
- August 14th: President Underwood gives a radio address on the 80th anniversary of the Social Security Act, and visits FDR's memorial later that day. (Chapter 33)
- September 7th: Hurricane Faith begins brewing off the East Coast. (Chapter 34)
- October 18th: A US soldier is killed in a failed Jordan Valley operation. (Chapter 35)
- December 16th: First Democratic Debate between Dunbar, Sharpe, and Underwood. (Chapter 37)
- December 17th: Claire passes out while giving blood. (Chapter 37)
- January 19th: Frank wins the Iowa Caucus. (Chapter 39)
- January 20th: Claire leaves Frank; Frank campaigns in New Hampshire. (Chapter 39/40)
- March 7th: Frank campaigns in South Carolina; Claire arrives in South Carolina; LeAnn Harvey finds a photo of Frank's father with a KKK leader. (Chapter 42)
- March 8th: A photo of Frank's father with a KKK leader surfaces; Lucas Goodwin confronts Heather Dunbar; Frank loses the South Carolina primary. (Chapter 42)
- March 16th: Doug offers LeAnn the position of campaign manager.
- March 17th: President Underwood is shot while leaving a campaign event in Washington D.C., Vice President Blythe becomes Acting President of the United States. (Chapter 43)
- March 26th: Secretary Durant and First Lady Claire Underwood attend the G-8 summit in Brandenburg, Germany; President Underwood is taken into surgery for a kidney transplant. President Underwood arrives back at The White House after his operation. (Chapter 45)
- March 27th: G-8 summit concludes. (Chapter 45)
- March 28th: President Underwood resumes the powers and duties of the presidency. (Chapter 45)
- May 16th: Former Solicitor General Heather Dunbar announces she will suspend her 2016 Campaign for the Democratic Nomination. (Chapter 46)
- July 25th: Democratic National Convention - Day 1; During the Vice Presidential roll call vote, Texas casts it's delegates for Claire. (Chapter 48)
- July 26th: Democratic National Convention - Day 2; Will Conway arrives in Atlanta and criticizes Frank, the two end up having a meeting together; Louisiana delegates request that the Convention also votes on President. (Chapter 48)
- July 27th: Democratic National Convention - Day 3; (Chapter 49)
- July 28th: Democratic National Convention - Day 4; President Underwood becomes the nominee for Democratic Party, First Lady Claire Underwood becomes Vice Presidential nominee. (Chapter 49)
- October 16th: The first ever Presidential/Vice Presidential debate is held. (Chapter 51)
- October 17th: Conway moves into the White House and negotiates with Frank to bring home the captured hostages. (Chapter 51)
- October 18th: Washington Herald posts a scathing article about Frank Underwood. (Chapter 52)
- November 8th: The United States 2016 election will be held.